TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - True-ish. There are many things that go into the level of
People Seeking Info

Subject True-ish. There are many things that go into the level of

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on October 08, 2020 at 2:25 PM
  This message has been viewed 287 times.

In Reply To Hmmm - that’s apples and oranges posted by ConVerTT on October 08, 2020 at 01:45 PM

Message harshness experienced in a given suspension setup for a performance oriented car. Spring rates, over/under dampened setting, various types of bushings, and tire sidewall height/tire air pressure all play a role. The point being many people focus too much on buying the "highest version", biggest, highest performance allowing version of something rather than what fits their normal/desired application. Followed by lack of effort or understanding of tuning said components even further to best achieve that desire while mitigating the negative aspects of that pursuit. I prefer Granny Smith or Honey Crisp apples myself. Oranges are also good.

I've ridden in some aftermarket coilover equipped cars that rode beautifully, not harsh at all, but they were professionally tuned for the street with deep thought into how the entire suspension performed together as a whole. I have also ridden in some that felt like it would have been softer riding on a concrete slab in the back of a baja truck.

I have interest in the KWs down the line when everything else is in order, so you'll need to post a review. Which variant are you looking at getting?

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.