TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: I did the LS6 swap w/ T56 trans... maybe 430 at the crank.
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: I did the LS6 swap w/ T56 trans... maybe 430 at the crank.

Posted by RBS145 on October 07, 2020 at 9:16 AM
  This message has been viewed 224 times.

In Reply To I did the LS6 swap w/ T56 trans... maybe 430 at the crank. posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on October 06, 2020 at 07:53 PM

Message I figured it would be expensive for sure. I was thinking maybe an LS7 would be the way to go if fitting turbo's were an issue. Not surprised to hear that it's next to impossible to have a clean LS swap with turbos.

I had looked into the LOJ kits as well and for my skill level on the fabrication side of things with my amazing bubble gum welding. I would have to go with the more expensive Ultimate kit optioned out which comes in at a hefty $10,000USD. So, probably closer to $15,000CAD to my doorstep. From there it's just the motor as I could reuse the Z32 transmission with the adapter from LOJ. The website below seems decently priced for either a LS7 or LSA. Would be nice if there was an aftermarket hood to cover the LSA better.

https://www.chevroletperformancestore.ca/ls-series.

Either way, I think it would be a build budget around $30k on my end to go this route. I don't have the room for another car at my house and storage is a constant drain on the wallet, so unlikely I'll be getting a second one. Mostly looking at this option for ease of working on the engine, cheaper parts, sound, trying something different and I get to keep all the other work that's gone into my car.

Thank you for the information, definitely helps me with the decision.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.