TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thanks for your perspective analysis.
People Seeking Info

Subject Thanks for your perspective analysis.

Posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on October 05, 2020 at 5:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 223 times.

In Reply To Comparing the Z & the 997 posted by moxie (SF) on October 04, 2020 at 02:49 AM

Message Sometimes I get in my trusty '01 BMW 325xit work wagon with mileage well into the six figures; and say to myself, "This is my overall favorite car". In spite of the fact at home sitting in the garage there are four or five other really great rides, any one of which would be judged by a neutral party to be a better car than the wagon. But I am vested in the wagon. We have formed an alliance that blurs my judgement. I think I heard that same tinge of nostalgia in your comparison.

I know for myself, the emotional connection to one's automobile is much stronger than we realize. The wagon, like the Z, has been worked on, torn down, reassembled, and torn down again. i know which wrench, how to hold it, and how hard to pull. Every time I see the bolt I broke off, I still go back and cuss myself out for doing it. it's an old beat up hat, but I like it that way. When a car finally gets its hands-on history with me, it earns a 'Valet Only' space in the parking lot of my heart.

Like your Porsche Turbo, my Jag coupe cost an obscene amount of money when new; and while it is a truly great car... With 23,000 miles on it, I just drive it and enjoy it. I won't live long enough to wear it out and have the fun of fixing it. But the Z car is like a picture puzzle that dump out onto the table and play with. Sometimes I'll take it apart for the simple fun of putting it back together again. I'll get underneath and clean the gas tank... Good Lord, who cleans a gas tank? But I heard that same pleasure expressed in your description of your Z. We're all gearheads here; and everyone's happy you kept your Z.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.