TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - No thanks!
People Seeking Info

Subject No thanks!

Posted by RobZ32 on September 17, 2020 at 6:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 275 times.

In Reply To My Proto Z thoughts, the ups and downs posted by Stanky (BC) on September 15, 2020 at 09:54 PM

Message Totally disappointed, then again I was hoping for the worst, and this actually came close.

Nissan had the chance to really improve on the Z, but rather decided to make it a parts bin special with an overly complex design, focused too much on making retro "Cool". Yes, having cues and hints from previous generations is great, and I like the approach, but keep it as that, hints and cues, don't take the whole design and try to mold it so that it looks "cool" again.

Our Z32's are a great example, they look absolutely stunning and aggressive. While their designs were absolutely ground breaking and NEW! it resemble little to nothing their predecessors, BUT they kept some styling cues and hits that still make it a Z. That should've been the approach they had to take for this new Z.

Power train wise, yes, we still got the 6 speed manual, which is the only part I got excited about and V6TT is great and everything, but is not new, it is the same power plant from the Q60/Q50 red sport, which I hope they change to the 3.8TT from the GTR, but again its Nissan we are talking here, so I wont hold my breath.

Suspension while it nothing has been disclosed about it, I can confidently say, that it will have most if not all the suspension bits from a Q60 red sport. We'll be lucky if we see some from the GTR as well.

Interior, well like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and our good friend Bernie has just posted a photo in the post above, so I will keep this one short. I'll just say they put no effort.

There are still a lot of unknowns, but I highly doubt knowing those unknowns will sway my opinion. It is a sad moment for us Z enthusiast, seeing how little care and how rushed the new Z looks really shows the state in which the company currently is; fortunately for us, we own a piece, some own multiple pieces (looking at you ConVerTT) of history that we will be able to show and tell about what once was Nissan.

Rob

It's never "DONE", just finished enough to drive :-) - BigTDogg
(MA)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.