TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Cheap ones are still out there, and most OEM parts are
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Cheap ones are still out there, and most OEM parts are

Posted by MightyAA on August 03, 2020 at 6:20 PM
  This message has been viewed 213 times.

In Reply To Cheap ones are still out there, and most OEM parts are posted by Gordo LSZ Daytona on August 03, 2020 at 03:10 PM

Message I do wonder if you’ll pay through the nose in the future; maybe? But if my 240z, (or Land Rover 88, or Scout II) is any indication, it is still easy to find most parts.. The internet was a game changer for that. Like most discontinued models, the hard stuff to find will be the trims and finish pieces. It’s that sort of stuff you can’t find in the future. But, once the market hits a price point for restorations, you’ll also see quality reproduction parts come back. For example, the 240z has pretty much every part available again including the reproduction painted key blanks… so maybe one day we’ll get reproduction titanium key blanks again. If you were trying to restore (or just fix damaged trims) for the 240z in the 90’s, you were SOL; no internet, no suppliers easily located, etc. Funny; I’ve had all these since then too and shockingly, the Land Rover was the easiest to source parts since there were two suppliers with big fat catalogs you mail ordered. But now… tons of sellers with a stroke of a keyboard.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.