TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - '90 z32 gift for grandson
People Seeking Info

Subject '90 z32 gift for grandson

Posted by toyz on July 06, 2020 at 8:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 533 times.

Message As many of you know, having sold my '95Z32tt, I am giving my grandson a '90 Z32NA for his 19th birthday and high school graduation combined. The car is in great shape (one owner and less than 60K miles) but it was not local so I could not inspect it. I have a couple of questions:
1. Does anyone know a good mechanic and a good upholstery shop in Pittsburgh PA (preferably in the "North Hills"? The driver's bolster needs replacing.
2.The timing belt was last changed in 2007 (at 56,265 miles). The car has 59,357 miles on the clock. So , the car has only been driven 3,092 miles in 13 years. My question is: should I have the timing belt replaced before he drives the car?

The local Nissan dealer who inspected the car said that it did not have to be replace because Nissan says to replace on mileage, not years. I had 44K miles on my TT in 25 year but changed the timing belt every 6 years. I don't want him destroying the engine but have already put $4,500 into bringing the car to good mechanical condition (drained and flushed ALL the fluids and greases, new struts/shocks, new tires, new tension/torque rod, new battery, new tires, alignment, etc.). I really don't want to put any more money into the car but don't want to have him destroy the engine by having the valves punch holes into the piston tops!

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

ToyZ

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.