TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I would say there was a sizeable deviation from the previous
People Seeking Info

Subject I would say there was a sizeable deviation from the previous

Posted by Ghoztt (MD) on June 08, 2020 at 12:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 96 times.

In Reply To The Z31 and Z32 dont look like their Z counter parts posted by VigorousZX on June 06, 2020 at 12:42 PM

Message generations of the Z's starting with the Z31. However, that was mainly due to packaging changes when they dumped the I6 in favor of the V6, creating a shorter front end. You could say that the headlight design that promoted a square look instead of a circular look started by the Z31 was due more to the current technology of the day. Previous generations had poor visibility at night, giving way to a more dedicated highbeam setup. Now that headlight tech has caught up with HIDs/LEDs, more compact designs can follow suit making the new Z more like it's predecessors. If you lengthened the front end and changed the headlights to a more circular fender side design, I don't think you would argue that it came from the Z car lineage.

Aside from that, I never personally felt the later generations deviated too much from the 240z, especially on the tail end, until the 350z came along. In my opinion, the Z32 was the first Z after the 240z that "looked" like it could go toe-to-toe with the rest of the world's best, and it did. So sometimes deviation from the original, if done with class, is a beneficial thing.

But what do I know...

1993 Nissan 300ZX Slicktop (Oxford Gray Metallic)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (Gunmetal Gray)
- Long Live the Z and Godzirra! -
"Love cars. Love people. Love life." - Mr. K.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.