TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have not, but still planning on it, and sooner than later
People Seeking Info

Subject I have not, but still planning on it, and sooner than later

Posted by Polishzx on April 14, 2020 at 2:28 PM
  This message has been viewed 222 times.

In Reply To So did you have your manual trans rebuilt? posted by zgene4 on April 13, 2020 at 11:16 AM

Message Here is my post from just over 3 years ago now with the kit I found: La-Z-Link. It is just synchros, bearings, and some gaskets. OEM forks are available, I plan on purchasing them when the time comes.

Coz also sells a M/T rebuild kit with all OEM pieces, or as many as are available, it is quite a bit more expensive than the aftermarket kit. La-Z-Link https://conceptzperformance.com/nissan-infiniti-nissan-oem-manual-transmission-synchro-bearing-kit-nissan-300zx-90-97-z32-32010-rpkt_p_26621.php.

In my case I reinstalled my transmission without rebuilding and it continues to be rock solid, and only get some minor grinds when really pushing it. However, I've been putting it off for a long time now and need to take care of some other issues, so I hope to finally be able to get the rebuild done soon. I'm really curious myself if this cheaper kit I bought works as well as I'm expecting it to.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.