TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - rotate the AN fitting elbow 90 deg to the left
People Seeking Info

Subject rotate the AN fitting elbow 90 deg to the left

Posted by vorpalZed on January 20, 2020 at 9:17 AM
  This message has been viewed 257 times.

In Reply To Pictures of my 1991 Z32 TT Engine Build Project posted by 300ZXTCZ on January 19, 2020 at 10:51 PM

Message you have the braided line going straight up and the water pipe hits the elbow. Rotate the AN elbow and the water pipe will fit better. If you have to bend the lower water pipe right slightly to allow better fitment, that's fine.

2nd thing: grind off the coating on your plenum on the ground points where the harness ground ring touches the plenum. You won't see it under the bolt head and you'll improve your grounding.

Can't tell from the pics, but did your coater plug all the threaded holes on the plenum when they did the coating? I'd chase all the threads with a tap anyway just to make bolt installation easy.

Last thing, the PCV tubes on the front of the valve covers... ensure they are glued in with a good hi-temp epoxy. I've seen them pop loose after being polished or coated and binding against the throttle linkage... usually under hard boost.

Otherwise, spotless work!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.