TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: are you restoring center console switch icons yet?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: are you restoring center console switch icons yet?

Posted by Master_Blaster on January 16, 2020 at 10:19 AM
  This message has been viewed 173 times.

In Reply To are you restoring center console switch icons yet? posted by vorpalZed on January 16, 2020 at 09:48 AM

Message Not yet. I have the decals designed, I am shopping around to find a reliable shop that can fulfill all of my decal requirements.
I also want to get a few crusty old switches and do some test runs before I make the service available. The center switch is more complex of a job for sure because of the OEM gray and texture of the actual bezel. Usually I need to lay a layer of paint down and then place the decal over it and then hit it with clear.
I want to experiment with laying the decal over the original finish and then applying the layers of clear... if it hits the mark then it will be a service offered by BZG.

I am also looking at an entirely different method of restoring the decals, which would be extremely durable and more time efficient on my end. More to follow on that in the next couple weeks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.