TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - there are a LOT of them out there, a victim of its own
People Seeking Info

Subject there are a LOT of them out there, a victim of its own

Posted by LJZTT on January 14, 2020 at 7:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 238 times.

In Reply To Most z's are utter pieces of garbage posted by moxie (SF) on January 14, 2020 at 10:10 AM

Message popularity IMHO

I think it is easy to get the impression that the overwhelming majority are in garbage condition (poor/fair), but that perspective is skewed by the fact that the ones you are most likely to see are the ones in poor/fair condition.

They are sitting outside the double wide on the state highway on the way to work. They are on autotrader/craigslist because they were neglected and became a money pit. They were some kid's car who has moved on to the next "most illest" ride.

There are also shitloads of them out there that are in very good to excellent, condition, but you wont see them because they are in a garage....obviously being cared for.

I get kick out of C&P posting: "They keep popping up" when the low mile examples do.

Before BaT took off in popularity the past year or so, there seemed to be either a listing here or a post linking to an eBay/autotrader/craigslist listing for what (appeared to be) excellent condition, relatively low (sub-40k) mile specimens seemingly once every few months. It has slowed down lately from what I have seen, but I feel that is because owners have wised up and are either waiting to see how high things go or maybe it has nothing to do with selling but rather they are in better financial shape and are spending more on cars rather than selling and scaling back twin turbo money pits.

Just food for thought

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.