TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - reply #2
People Seeking Info

Subject reply #2

Posted by ConVerTT on January 01, 2020 at 9:08 PM
  This message has been viewed 465 times.

In Reply To What to do with my 30k mile Z... posted by Shutoburner on January 01, 2020 at 05:38 PM

Message I have a similar story to yours....

I bought a 2001 NSX back in 2012. Yellow over black with 50k on it. I bought it because I loved the color scheme, and I wanted the larger engine with the 6 speed but still with the iconic pop up lights. The previous owner loved it, but couldn't drive it anymore due to a bad back. It is a rare car, (mainly because they were expensive back in 01, and yellow wasn't actually a big seller, so there aren't a lot of them). It took me a long time to find it.

As the years have past, it's desirability has increased. It is easily worth 50 percent more than I paid for it. I expect at some point in the next few years it will be more valuable than depreciating "new" NSX's.

But I digress. I bought it because I wanted a yellow NSX ... (not to be the custodian of a yellow NSX for some future owner). I drive it a few miles every year, on the nicest of days. It never disappoints. (BTW - My favorite car is still my NA-TT convertible Z - it gets most of the summer miles)

The point: If the Z still puts a smile on your face, and if it's not for sale, it doesn't matter what its "worth" ...

So ... Drive it. Mod it! Enjoy it! Life is too short ....

ConVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (black)
XtraVerTT - 93 Hi Compression TT Convertible (glacier white)
SlickTTop - 96 OBD1 TT Slicktop (black)
Old Yeller - 90 Slicktop NA (PGY)
RedZed - 90 "factory" 2+0 TT
EmoZed - 89 RHD for parts - RIP

And their hot Asian Cousin - 01 Acura NSX NA

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.