TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Driver Window dead. Can't remove door panel
People Seeking Info

Subject Driver Window dead. Can't remove door panel

Posted by MrPulldown(Tahoe) on November 06, 2019 at 12:49 PM
  This message has been viewed 395 times.

Message Been a while since I was last on this forum. Great to see that it is still so active.

Recently I had some charging issues with my Z. So last night I pulled it into the garage and got her on stands. While waiting for parts I decided to tackle some other things that needed fixing.

My driver side window has been dead for a while. Not sure if it is the motor or the track, but it has been stuck in the up position for many months. It was working intermittently for a while, sometimes even hitting the max up position and clicking loudly instead of stopping.

I am getting power to the switch as the passenger side works. Now that I am at ear level I can hear something click faintly inside the door panel when I hit the switch. When the window motor died in my Frontier I was able to smack the door panel and get it to run. Not such luck here.

With the window up I am not able to get to the screw on the door pillar. Is there a work around for this. An I going to have to break off the plastic mount? Maybe I can un snap the bottom of the panel and leave the top attached and work underneath. Any input is appreciated. Any input on possible issues with the window is also appreciate.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.