TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I'd piecemeal it w/ aftermarket & used parts to save money..
People Seeking Info

Subject I'd piecemeal it w/ aftermarket & used parts to save money..

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on November 05, 2019 at 7:53 AM
  This message has been viewed 341 times.

In Reply To This looks like the same thing, but much cheaper - Z1 posted by Woodnutz on November 04, 2019 at 04:40 PM

Message ... unless you want an strictly OEM look. But then you've already given up the OEM shocks with their trick sport / tour functionality. But if your rubber parts are trashed and no good, then I'd consider used parts. Lots of guys have a box of these 'rubber parts' left over from adaptions to coilovers and other spring-shock upgrades.

You will probably need to source new bump stops and the 3" dia. rubber which fits into the top hats as they are OEM specific. But you can use after market sleeves (The OEMs are way overpriced), and you probably don't need the six inch dia. upper donuts.

Another thing to consider is brand new rubber parts will lift the suspension... sometimes as much as a half inch, compared to re-using serviceable, but already-compressed, old parts. True that new rubber will compress quickly in the first six months, but it will most likely be noticeably higher when first installed.

If you are using lowering springs, I would add four Tien "spring silencers" They wrap around the bottom coils to prevent squeaking from coil bind. Less than $20 pr.

https://www.amazon.com/Tein-SPR02-G1497-Spring-Silencer-90-130mm/dp/B00I6JN5ZO

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.