TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - A cheaper alternative would be a T56 magnum Trans, yes its
People Seeking Info

Subject A cheaper alternative would be a T56 magnum Trans, yes its

Posted by Spectrum (WI) on October 07, 2019 at 7:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 385 times.

In Reply To Anyone notice PPG has a 6 speed sequential for factory case? posted by LitlElvis on October 04, 2019 at 11:57 AM

Message not a sequential but you get a closer ratio, better durability, more gear options, and able to GET PARTS if something breaks. With people making 6 speed conversion kits for our Z's the transformation is pretty straight forward, I should know, I did it myself and would never go back to the factory 5 speed.

If you get the close ratio gear T56 option combined with a 4:10 rear end ratio is a stellar combo. I added a specialtyz lightened flywheel, and a carbon fiber single piece driveshaft from the driveshaft shop. All of that rotational weight loss is VERY noticeable. It reminds me the snappiness of a higher compression N/A engine. The turbos stay spooled on the track no problem, you only drop about 1k rpm when you shift.

Driving on the interstate with the cruise set I get about 24 mpg!!! When racing at Road America I get about 4-6 mpg!!! Thats about a gallon a lap, lol....

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.