TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I friggin love it
People Seeking Info

Subject I friggin love it

Posted by BlackholeZ on September 08, 2019 at 8:33 PM
  This message has been viewed 164 times.

In Reply To How to you like the Cayenne? posted by FrozTTy on September 08, 2019 at 06:59 AM

Message I was looking for something more comfortable than my track prepped Z to commute to work now that I'm graduated. Initially I was looking at an F-Type, because I've driven them several times and they're fantastic. But I wasn't sure that two 2-seater sports cars was the best idea ever. If I wasn't going to get a sports car, I wanted something that would to everything that a sports car can't do.
I'd already had my eye on the 957 Cayenne Turbo for a while so started looking for one and found an 08 in LA with 45k miles and the factory towing package. It'd had a collision repaired but no airbags deployed. Got it for <20k last July and only had to replace the AC pump and front blower fan since then. Part costs are actually pretty similar to OEM/premium aftermarket for the Z, so it's no shock to me. Mileage is pretty similar too. It's fantastic. Quiet, comfortable, will easily tow the Z to the track. The air suspension is great, and the difference between sport and normal suspension modes is amazing. It's so comfortable to daily but can do things a 3 ton truck shouldn't be able to do on windy roads. It's also nice to be able to carry people without having to scoot my seat up. I'm 6' 3" and I wanted to be able to sit behind myself, and not have my GF feel obligated to sit in the back seat when we've got friends with us because she's short.
A year later I still turn around to look at it when I park.

-Dan

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."
"'she' also likes to swap since I think I am going to need to give her to woody again." - Dvlhntr
"full alphabetic boost mode" -
ChristopherTheOne

" Purrs like a sexually satisfied black panther." - BigTDogg
"Two oil eating, angry, spinning triangles of death." - turtleboy on rotary engines

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.