TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - that's my point, the vast majority of these cars are on
People Seeking Info

Subject that's my point, the vast majority of these cars are on

Posted by LJZTT on August 27, 2019 at 11:19 AM
  This message has been viewed 221 times.

In Reply To Agreed about the "third owner" phenomenom; but some posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on August 26, 2019 at 02:26 PM

Message their 3rd owner already or they crossed that mark around 10 years ago, so I don't see this attrition speeding up I see the worst of it having already passed unless the circumstances of driving used cars changes in this country, as in we end up being banned from used cars or something similarly as stupid.

The bulk of these cars have either already fallen into the hands of their owner of doom or they are in an "enthusiast's" ownership (not necessarily a TTnetter). Not nearly as many TT's are yet to wind up in a bad owners hands. That has either happened by now or they are in the clear.

As NA's dip further into craigslist junk status, I can see more of those cars winding up as first cars or DD-until-failure cars, but I don't see TT's disappearing anytime soon. They are going to be like the originals or like Mustangs. Way too many to be worth a lot of money, but in another decade or two, good condition clean ones will bring much more than they are now, and the ceiling will probably not go up too much from $50k except for some super rare 2 or 3 cars still out there with ridiculously low miles.

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.