TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Spent too much? Yep. Having fun w/ it? Absolutely.
People Seeking Info

Subject Spent too much? Yep. Having fun w/ it? Absolutely.

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on August 25, 2019 at 8:55 AM
  This message has been viewed 411 times.

In Reply To Bc he spent 30k on a z that isn’t a Z posted by FrozTTy on August 25, 2019 at 07:31 AM

Message I've never owned a car that generates more conversation than this one. Hot rodders, ricers, guys w/ foreign exotica all have something to say about it; and its never negative. I was at a Cars and Coffee last month, parked next to a beautiful Audi R8 coupe. But all eyes were poking around the LS motor looking for wires and hookups. How'd you do this? Where did you route that? Gear heads just can't leave stuff alone, and this is a prime example.

As for being a true Z car after the swap... It's still just another run of the mill Z32 saved from the crusher; albeit one with a bigger heart and a deeper voice. To be honest, I wouldn't do it again. My old Z sold for just under $20K and the LSZ is certainly not worth $10K more. Its different, and I like that, but its not a better car.

That being said, who among us with modified Z's [which is basically everyone on this forum] ever anticipated we'd spend as much money on our cars as we have? Granted the deep bites into our paychecks are usually spread out over years, or even decades; but none of us never expected to spend as much as we did. Lots of us have spent an amount equal the purchase price of the car. Some more. Z love doesn't come cheap.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.