TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Final purchase: Single DIN Replacement system
People Seeking Info

Subject Final purchase: Single DIN Replacement system

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on August 19, 2019 at 7:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 304 times.

In Reply To Audio, Nav, Backup Cam, Double DIN, w/ new speakers posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on August 16, 2019 at 09:25 AM

Message I'm still on a flip phone, so the idea of Car Play or Android Auto was simply a waste of money. I did buy a digital HU, but dropped the idea of celluar Navigation and Backup camera. That and the lack of any feasible double DIN solution dictated the use of single DIN.

Given that, I decided to simplify the purchase and go with middle of the road equipment. Total cost: $650; plus the cost of the lower DIN pocket which I'll wire as a charging station for the phone and an iPod.

* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X702 digital Head Unit w/ CD and iPod / Bluetooth, etc. $180

* Alpine KTP-445U Power Pack compact class D amp $190

* JL Audio C1-650 6.5" component speakers w/ relocated tweeters in the front $140

* JL Audio C1-650x 6.5Z" two way in the hatch (fitted w/ 1/4" PVC adaptor plates) $120

I'm wiring it up to accept a subwoofer in the spare tire well or hatch; but honestly, the melodic rumble of that LS American V8 is already enough music for my ears. ;-)

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. gordo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.