TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Sensor in trans is routed to GM ECU aka PCM and at
People Seeking Info

Subject Sensor in trans is routed to GM ECU aka PCM and at

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on August 03, 2019 at 8:47 AM
  This message has been viewed 267 times.

In Reply To I think he means the sensor in the transmission. (n/m) posted by MixManMash on August 02, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Message which point an interface device called a Dakota box was used to adjust the signal rate before it was sent to the Nissan speedometer. Without it, the indicated speed was double the actual speed.

As a side note here; using a well engineered swap kit, I was surprised how seamless it was to adapt and integrate the GM engine to the Nissan electronics.

All the instructions were detailed down to the individual color coded wires and PWI builds a specific engine harness for this swap. Furthermore, most of the Nissan electronics remains functional as is.

At the interfaces where GM met Nissan it was important to know how and where to integrate the different architectures, but we were usually supplied with specific instructions and/or adaptors. For example we used the Nissan water temp sensor, with an adaptor to plug into the existing LS water temp port on the block.

In fact the only real problems came with the AC systems. All the plumbing stayed in stock locations which was a big plus, but the control electronics gave us a headache in terms of setting it up. I'm not sure of the details, but my AC guy finally tapped into a couple basic climate control Nissan sensors and everything began working like OEM again.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.