TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - That "only" valve job is one of the better modifications
People Seeking Info

Subject That "only" valve job is one of the better modifications

Posted by SirpriZ on June 23, 2019 at 8:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 234 times.

In Reply To The only headwork I had done was 5angle valve job posted by Boostjuice on June 23, 2019 at 05:28 PM

Message you could have made for your turbos and power level. The porting you refer to is probably a blending of the seats to the bowl....that is about 50% of the power you'll gain on headwork at your power level. A "full" porting job of the runners at your flow level could result in an increased transient response (takes longer to spool up the turbos), and little additional power. The next two steps to take in port work would be a 5 angle valve job and/or the increasing of the short side radii (especially on the exhaust side. Sounds like your head work is right on. Glad the Federals work for you, I'm not familiar with them personally on a ~600 HP Z. Off hand, do you remember the price differential between the same size Federals and R888Rs? I just don't (and never have) understood building a platform that is not close to the ability of the tires to hold the power. " Yeah, you should feel how fast my car is in fourth gear, because it spins the tires in third".......Just my own incredulousness.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.