TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - oh god....
People Seeking Info

Subject oh god....

Posted by LJZTT on June 20, 2019 at 4:04 PM
  This message has been viewed 303 times.

In Reply To 1991 nissan 300zx tt motor oil?? posted by amezcuaz32 on June 20, 2019 at 08:37 AM

Message let the gratuitous, irrational "I-use-a-more-obscure-oil-choice-than-you-and-it-is-better" game begin in full earnest.

Pop your hood or look in the owners manual for what the factory tells you to use. THAT is what the motor and turbos were tested for. Tested by departments staffed by professionals on a salary for the purposes of testing....not yahoos on the web.

IF your Z is operating in conditions likely well well beyond the scope of what factories test for (tip: they don't test for nice ideal conditions only), such as extreme temperature conditions as a result of extensive modifications which create much higher demands on the oil and/or extreme use of the motor or due to extreme ambient conditions (such as you live in northern Alaska or Death Valley, CA), then you should adjust the type of oil you use accordingly.

Other than that, just go with what the factory recommends and YOU WILL HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Not a single person on this site for the entire 15-17 years I have been here has made a single case for a motor going bad due to using the factory recommended oil. EVERYONE here who has lost a motor has done so via a 1001 ways that has never included not "upgrading" my oil.

This has to be the single most over-thought question in the entire Z32 universe with the absolute least upside to getting creative. The absurdity level never wavers in the slightest.

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.