TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Re: Re: cracked windshield
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: cracked windshield

Posted by Metacom on June 03, 2019 at 8:41 PM
  This message has been viewed 313 times.

In Reply To Re: Re: Re: cracked windshield posted by russ29 on June 03, 2019 at 06:45 PM

Message I removed the side moldings before the safelite tech came out and replaced the glass on my TT.

Things you'll need to do yourself: Remove the cowls. Side moldings will most likely bend out of shape coming off so its a good time to replace them and the clips. You should also replace the clip retainer held onto the body by permanent body tape.

You'll also want to get the OE top edge molding and "retainer" the top molding secures to as the retainer piece hugs the top edge of the glass and is cemented in place by the epoxy used to seal the glass. The top molding is expensive for what it is. I wasn't prepared for that and opted for the generic cut to fit stuff they have. It doesn't look "bad" but its wide, and most Z fellows will notice.

The FSM explains how to install all those moldings and how to replace the top molding later if not during glass install.

Your only glass color options are blue or green now. You could get custom made bronze tint for super $$$. I was SOL when my OE bronze glass cracked and spread...If you're lucky they may let you keep the original glass as a souvenir like I did :)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.