TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - yikes man, you have a lot of assumptions that simply aren't
People Seeking Info

Subject yikes man, you have a lot of assumptions that simply aren't

Posted by LJZTT on May 21, 2019 at 5:48 PM
  This message has been viewed 217 times.

In Reply To OK, what about GM is 10+ years ahead? posted by not4resaleZ on May 20, 2019 at 05:59 PM

Message safe ones.

What makes you think Tesla will be bought up out of bankruptcy?
Would you buy a bankrupt lemonade stand with so much debt that it cannot turn a profit?
Not to mention if an economic downturn happens and interest rates ever return to normal, who in their right mind is going to borrow billions at a premium to purchase an unprofitable operation....during economic times where most luxury/niche products struggle to maintain sales? Perhaps pouring billions of their CASH into the purchase of an unprofitable firm loaded with billions in debt is preferable? I seriously doubt that. If someone was going to buy Tesla with the intent of operating it, it would have happened by now.

Will someone buy the assets and IP at a post bankruptcy discount to sell to the highest bidder? You bet.
Will they take over and operate the company? Hell no.
Last I checked most firms in this line of work are seeking a "return on investment". How exactly do you make the case that you can simply borrow MORE money, take over a bankrupt company that was never profitable....even with the genius Elon Musk at the helm....and this time it will be different??

Another bad assumption:
You think parts suppliers are going to "be there" for you?
Are you aware that just a few months ago, 23 current or past parts suppliers for Tesla responded to an industry survey that Tesla had become a financial risk to their companies? Apparently Tesla has gone delinquent with some of them and slow to pay the others, later asking for discounts on future orders and rebates well after the fact for past orders.
https://wolfstreet.com/2018/08/20/the-hype-is-no-longer-with-tesla-and-creditors-are-starting-to-fret/

And this was back just 9 months ago, when Musk claimed the company was going private at $420 per share.......Morgan Stanley has now set their bear price target for shares of Tesla stock down from $97 to $10.....it is currently hovering around +/- $200. Morgan Stanley has never been a Tesla "detractor".
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-stocks-bear-case-is-10-morgan-stanley-says-2019-05-21

That doesnt bode well for a company that literally relies on borrowing to operate.

Look enjoy the car, but understand that the ice on which you tread is ridiculously thin and you are literally going to be left holding the bag unless something really drastic happens independent of Tesla's actions.

Comparing Saab to Tesla is apples and oranges. Saab IIRC was a GM brand for many years at the time and subject to all the regulations, government and internal, that make GM a relatively stable company from the standpoint of the consumer. That is FAR from the case with Tesla.

Tesla is not a major auto-manufacturer. They are a niche auto-manufacturer pretending to be a major one, and trying to make it happen relatively overnight. There is a HUGE difference.

Based on your assumptions in your replies you clearly havent been reading "everything" and have placed too much faith, unwittingly I would assume, in Tesla PR talking points that get distributed by Tesla via social media proxies and bloggers, to give the appearance of natural word of mouth and popular opinion. It is also documented that so-called "objective" and "independent" blogs were actually shills who were being compensated in one way or another.
https://www.thedrive.com/tech/21838/the-truth-behind-electreks-dark-alliance-with-tesla
In the ultimate case of irony, it turns out Tesla is even delinquent in compensating their shills too. You can't make this up.

Shills tend to be less shilly when they aren't getting their goodies I guess.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03-19/i-wish-tesla-would-be-more-honest-pro-tesla-blog-capitulates-says-company-severe

30 years ago...or now?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.