TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Chicagoland Dyno Trip.
People Seeking Info

Subject Chicagoland Dyno Trip.

Posted by Boostjuice on May 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM
  This message has been viewed 664 times.

Message What’s up guys just got back in town and finally have a chance to make a post. A couple weeks ago, I drove 4 hours in the rain and snow to Chicagoland to meet up with some fellow Z guys and Ztuner(Harry) for a group dyno session.

Want to say a big thanks to everyone for putting it together and having me up there, big thanks to Harry for being a tuning whiz and getting me some more power.

Mods:
Jwt530bb turbos
MSp manifolds
Nismo 740cc injectors
300 degree fuel rails
Walbro 485 fuel pump
Ashspec 2.5 planar inlet piping
Z1 2.0in intercoolers with stock intercooler piping

Specialty z 3in downpipes
3>2.5in testpipes
Specialty z 2.5 x pipe to their 2.5in axle back

Want to put this together just for people curious of what my setup was able to produce, in case someone wants to go that route. First want to start off with the first dyno I did with the car back in September of 2018. Same setup as in the profile no mods have been changed but my boost controller settings were actually more aggressive. I had my set at 90%, my gain at 12, and my set gain at 17psi. Here is the graph managed to make 495whp/523tq.

https://ibb.co/0XkgYTn

Now let’s get on to the dyno tune with Harry, I did a conservative 93oct pump gas tune just in case I ever run out of e85 and cant find a pump, I can switch to that. Pump gas we managed a 419whp/403tq.

Then we switched up to E85, 521whp/564tq. Both the pump gas and e85 tune. It’s crazy you can make a 100whp/160tq gain from switching to e85.

https://ibb.co/fnrf8pD

Overall it was a fun trip and my z is ready for the summer, thanks to all my Chicago friends and Harry again for putting the dyno tune session on and letting Harry work his magic.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.