TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Question about front nose panel...
People Seeking Info

Subject Question about front nose panel...

Posted by VinZmax on May 12, 2019 at 6:29 PM
  This message has been viewed 750 times.

Message Hi,
My question about the nose panel;
I purchased a new stock Nissan front nose panel for my car about 4 years ago. I FINALLY got around to having it painted and got a new 'Z' emblem for it because I wanted to get rid of the Nissan hamburger emblem.

The new nose panel has the 2 holes in it (different sizes so you can locate the emblem correctly) to locate the new 'Z' emblem. I was installing the panel's rubber trim on the car for the first time yesterday.

When I was swapping over the rubber trim pieces and bolts from the old panel, I realized the new one is not drilled and not tapped in the rear section where the front nose panel meets the hood line. The front of the new panel has all the correct holes for attaching the rubber/metal trim pieces. But the rear looks like it was almost designed by Nissan to have the holes put in, but was not completed.

Is this normal for this piece that's designed for the Z emblem? Maybe this is how the JDM piece is? I'm guessing this new panel that's designed for the Z emblem is the JDM model.
Do after market nose panels have the holes drilled 'at the rear section' for the rubber trim? This is the trim that would touch the hood once you close it.

Any expert think this is a problem leaving that trim off?
*again, this is the 'rear' trim and not the front that meets the front bumper.

Thanks,
Vinnie

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.