TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - With 400Z being indicative of a 4.0L and praying there's a
People Seeking Info

Subject With 400Z being indicative of a 4.0L and praying there's a

Posted by Woodnutz on April 08, 2019 at 5:53 AM
  This message has been viewed 252 times.

In Reply To Tokyo Auto Show Oct 24...likely 400Z unveil posted by TTkeeper on April 05, 2019 at 01:04 PM

Message TT option, I really don't see that happening. No doubt you could get stupid power out of a turbo'd engine of that size, and I would love to see it - I would just be really surprised. You'll be making the car heavier, and creeping in on the GT-R's territory (nevermind what Dodge does with the Charger & Challenger lineup).

It's been on a previous thread, but I think what someone else referred to as a 300Z is a decent place for a new Z to land. Today, a 3.0 NA could be made with sufficient power to satisfy your typical driver who wants the look, but stay conservative, and a TT 3.0 can easily be 400+ hp out of the box. Leave room to grow and it could be a huge hit with the enthusiast community. A NISMO edition with a bit more would be nice to see offered also.

I don't think it's wrong to go align the offering similar to the Mustang. Keep it wide, light and low and the looks alone will be a huge boost. I finally got my car back to the ground after being on jack stands the past two months - I forgot how low she sits... and how good she looks.

More than anything, I'd love for the next Z to be a revival of sorts of the Z32, but like others have said, I think the style will be hard to top. I expect the bulk of the design and engineering is complete - just a matter of time, I guess.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.