TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - BDE crank trigger market research >
People Seeking Info

Subject BDE crank trigger market research >

Posted by LitlElvis on March 12, 2019 at 1:32 AM
  This message has been viewed 838 times.

Message Just looking for some feedback from people who would like to switch to a crank trigger eventually... I already have prototypes made but a few people have expressed some concerns to me about my original setup (Option 1, below) so I would like to see what a majority of potential users would prefer rather than simply assume I know what people want.

Option 1
The trigger wheel mounts between a modified crank timing gear and the crankshaft pulley so it will work with a stock or any aftermarket pulley and the Hall sensor is mounted behind the lower timing cover. The drawback to this setup is the timing belt and crank gear needs to be removed to install the crank trigger - also, in the event of a sensor malfunction, servicing the Hall sensor will require a full timing belt cover removal to access it.

Option 2
The trigger wheel bolts onto the front of an ATI Race damper only. The Hall sensor would be external mounted for easy servicing. The drawback to this setup is it only works with the ATI Race damper. In the future I may be able to accommodate the ATI Street damper too, but no promises.

That's it for options - if you have an opinion, please respond here.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.