TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Finding wheels for the z took months. I like to think I did
People Seeking Info

Subject Finding wheels for the z took months. I like to think I did

Posted by nissubaru on March 04, 2019 at 1:37 PM
  This message has been viewed 575 times.

In Reply To Varrostoen wheels, flame suit on. posted by Boostjuice on March 04, 2019 at 11:34 AM

Message right by tt.net standards by going with a set of Forgestar CF5s although my fitment is a little tight (18x9.5 all around). I couldn't bring myself around to the idea of running "fake wheels" on my car even though 99% of the population will have no clue otherwise. Heck I'd say even 75% of car guys won't give a shit if you have fake wheels on your car or not, but you'll know.

As for the downsides of Varrstoens, like other replica brands you're going to end up with a heavier wheel that is usually not as strong as the original. Will they fail like you see here in this photo of Rota wheels, or will they be perfectly fine? I can't really say for sure. Dunno if anyone can honestly. Too many factors involved, for example, if you throw a super low profile tire on a wheel you'll probably have a better chance of cracking your rim than if you put a larger profile tire on.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.