TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The Thomas Burns Build.....
People Seeking Info

Subject The Thomas Burns Build.....

Posted by Jason300zxTT on March 02, 2019 at 10:14 AM
  This message has been viewed 917 times.

Message From a sad story of losing a friend, to a promising hope of giving back and seeing things through, this is the story of the Thomas Burns Build.

Few years ago, I had a member of our Facebook group (z32 drivers) reach out to me about his build. At the time, I had just got my car back from Harry’s and my car was making great power and running amazing.

Thomas talked about his dreams and hopes about his car and to one day have it perform as well as mine did. We spoke about his parts list, who was working on it at the time, who was going to tune it ect.

A few weeks went by and the shop who was doing his build ran into issues. The car was driven on high boost without a proper tune on gt2863 turbos on pump fuel. The motor failed.

Thomas reached out to me again and asked what he should do. We spoke for many hours and nights after. One day I woke up to a message that Thomas had passed away unexspected in his sleep.

Over the course of talking with Thomas he would speak about wanting to drive the car with his brother and show him what the z car could really be and enjoy the car like any enthusiast wanted to.

The shop owner where the car was at was going through problems and ended up even moving out of state. The car was an unfinished project and torn apart. I sat there one night wondering what I could do personally and being so far away (in Virginia) how could I do anything?

I reached out to the community and asked if anyone would be willing or even able to assist in getting the car running and getting it back to the family as they too knew what the car meant to Thomas. A ton of out reach came in including money and parts donated to the build from multiple shops. A machine shops even was willing to do the machining for free.

I reached out to Tim Burns, Thomas’s Brother who took ownership of the vehicle after Thomas had passed away. I informed him of the idea and support behind the car getting back on the road. Tim agreed and was willing to let the community work their magic.

Scott and Rick at Zshack took front line on the build. They drove from their shop in Houston Texas all the way to Florida to pick up the car.

Almost a year has gone by since this all took place, the car was built, not just with a stock rebuild, but built to exceed the expectations of Thomas, a build most of us dream of, a build that would make any enthusiast smile ear to ear.

Introducing the Thomas Burns build. Video by Gears and Gasoline. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY2nOiAYiYU&feature=share

2016 Nissan Altima SR
1994 Nissan 300zx sport 700 Twin Turbo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.