TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Another Turbo Post
People Seeking Info

Subject Another Turbo Post

Posted by Red Hawk (CO) on February 27, 2019 at 3:19 PM
  This message has been viewed 653 times.

Message Hey guys! I noticed it has been a little slow around here lately, thought it might be fun to talk turbo numbers. I am concerned with spool and Hp using 91 octane. I last dyno'd with 525's at 423whp. Honestly I love the power of the 525s over stock turbos, but the spool is a little disheartening and now I want more power as well (don't we all?)

With Z1 dropping the price of their GT675RS (HKS 2530) to be within a few hundred of the GT555R (GT2854R) they are both tempting but what makes the most sense? If I can hit 500whp on 91 octane with the GT555R will it spool fast enough to warrant choosing it over the GT675RS, which will produce a higher top end power? I primarily track and autocross the car so spool is just as important as hp numbers to me.

I was thinking it might be fun to post some of our recent dyno sheets and power mods for comparison. I have been digging through a lot of old posts, but there are many new spool boosting and power boosting add-ons that many of the old cars don't have. TIA!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.