TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I too run stock wheels and like the look of the stock
People Seeking Info

Subject I too run stock wheels and like the look of the stock

Posted by SirpriZ on February 15, 2019 at 8:00 PM
  This message has been viewed 243 times.

In Reply To Tires posted by viper on February 13, 2019 at 09:17 PM

Message rear 245/45/16s and the front 225/50/16s. I purchased (about 6 months ago) a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 in 245/45/16s for the rear and 225/50/16s for the front. They are excellent ultra high performance summer tires. Unfortunately they are discontinued on Tire Rack. I'd bet that they are still in stock in some shops. If you go to Tire Rack and search by size and enter 245/45/16, you'll find a fair number of options from ultra and max performance summer tires (Proxes T1R, Pirelli P Zero Rosso) to streetable racing tires (Toyo R888R, Perelli P Zero Trofeo R) to racetrack only tires (Hankook Ventus Z214, Various Hoosiers). I don't know if you daily drive your car, but the Toyo R888Rs have gotten rave reviews for their handling and traction in a straight line). Additionally the noise factor is significantly reduced over the previous R888s. I purchased a set to be able to hold power on a 600whp/600wtq Z32. I talked to a number of owners of various turbo car owners (one with a set up almost exactly as mine who said he could hold traction in first gear after heating them up) and the consensus was fabulous traction, safe traction in the rain, and good wear. I got the rears in a 245/45/16 and a 225/45/16 for the fronts (about a 1/2" smaller in diameter compared to the rears. Just some considerations and options.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.