TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Whiteline FUCA bushings beginning to fail at 500 miles.
People Seeking Info

Subject Whiteline FUCA bushings beginning to fail at 500 miles.

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on February 04, 2019 at 10:08 AM
  This message has been viewed 662 times.

Message I was hearing a distinct squeak from the DS front; and when I leveraged the front hub, slight movement could be felt between the FUCA inner pivot bolt and tube it is housed in. Tightening the bolt did nothing. Apparently its an inherent design flaw: As the arm pivots, the bolt wears out the inside of the tube running through the polymer bushing. And yes, I lube'd them first.

As a side note to Bernie: I must say that once again you were absolutely correct! You warned they were junk, and they are Junk... with a capital 'J'. I'm beginning to think you might actually know what you're talking about. :-)

Not only did they start to fail within a few hundred miles, but they are also way too hard for my preferences. These were installed when I first got the car; and with no other changes to suspension. Everything else was 100% OEM Nissan. I immediately noticed an increase of impact harshness traveling up through the steering and into the cabin.

Furthermore, this replicates my experience using spherical jointed FUCAs and Tension Rods with my old TT. They were the major culprits behind a noisy and harsh front suspension; and when I reverted back to OEM rubber bushings, the ride quality vastly improved.

Bernie's got a pair of OEM new old stock FUCAs that'll be installed as soon as they get here. Live and learn.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.