TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Thx. Yes the NA spring / TT shock worked really well
People Seeking Info

Subject Thx. Yes the NA spring / TT shock worked really well

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on February 02, 2019 at 11:26 AM
  This message has been viewed 321 times.

In Reply To I've enjoyed watching your progress. posted by cherry on February 02, 2019 at 09:42 AM

Message in the heavier car. Given I didn't track the car, it was just the right balance I was looking for.

But it appears this car is simply too light I tried reinstalling the worn out saggy 200K mile NA springs after the swap, but before the subframe rebuild, and the chassis still sat just a little bit too high for my liking. Most of it was in the front where you don't want it.

I agree w/ you regarding the fuse box cover. I bought a new SS one for that same reason you mentioned. However, with it slipped over the old cover, it interfered with the hood. The hood would close, but there was a bulge along the shut line and witness marks where it was rubbing on the inside. Even slipped over the box w/o the plastic cover it doesn't fit and results in a slight bulge. The extra height is coming from the bottom of the case.

I've never heard anyone else with a similar problem, so I sourcing it to the fact that we had to go into the box to rewire some GM electronics, and we must have disturbed the packaging of the internals. I've attempted to straighten it out, but its still off by a 1/4". For myself, messing with the wires in that box is like defusing a land mine... but I'll eventually fix it.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.