TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - As far as the diff ratio is concerned there are two other
People Seeking Info

Subject As far as the diff ratio is concerned there are two other

Posted by SirpriZ on February 01, 2019 at 8:02 PM
  This message has been viewed 266 times.

In Reply To High HP transmission options? posted by jmw300zx on January 29, 2019 at 07:17 AM

Message Nissans with R230s that are direct or near bolt up options. The 1990-1996 Q45s came with an R230 with a 2.54 gear ratio. The Armada (I don't remember the specific years) came with a standard 2.9x ratio and an optional tow package with a 3.3x ratio. There are a number of aftermarket companies that make strengthened gear sets for the R230 (OS Giken and HKS are two I can think of). If you are looking for someone to do a quality rebuild (I don't know what upgraded hardparts he has access to). His name is Russ, and he builds the upgraded auto trans for SZ. He also does the "correct" install of the aftermarket 4.10 Richmond/Leader gears. His ph # is: 805 527-4387. He may be able to help you find some middle ground between a $10,000 custom gear set and a rebuilt, much less expensive upgrade. Good luck, Mark

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.