TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - For a garage space not totally dedicated to housing a lift,
People Seeking Info

Subject For a garage space not totally dedicated to housing a lift,

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on January 30, 2019 at 4:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 262 times.

In Reply To off topic, but now that you have taken on some posted by LJZTT on January 30, 2019 at 04:01 PM

Message it is the perfect compromise between saving floorspace and having a lift. Performance-wise it has given me very little trouble. About every six months, I synch up the left and right hydraulic pistons which is done by adjusting a single lever in the control box. Otherwise, I keep it lubricated and its operated flawlessly.

Lifting by the pinch welds has not been an issue. I've purchased an assortment of rubber blocks, so the car's weight can be distributed evenly along the rocker panel unibody; and I've never been concerned about body / chassis damage or flexing. A couple of times something been inaccessible because it was between the car body and lift platform, but I can lower the vehicle onto regular jack stands in order to gain access. So it functions very well for most jobs.

I have three bays, so I can afford to have one tied up w/ a project. But for a two car garage, where you want to have both bays available; this lift disappears when you don't need it. Figure approx. $3500 for the lift and another $1000 for install. Concrete is expensive, and you want the pour to be perfect, so it's important to get that correct the first time. Overall, I'd do it again. Gordo

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.