TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I have no comment on the bolt fitment but I will say good
People Seeking Info

Subject I have no comment on the bolt fitment but I will say good

Posted by nissubaru on December 12, 2018 at 1:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 199 times.

In Reply To Rear control arm bushings. Slip fit w/ bolt or some play? posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on December 12, 2018 at 12:35 PM

Message luck on getting the subframe bushings out!

I'm not entirely sure what was the most effective tool at getting the bushing out but I do know it was a bitch!!! I probably should have bought a better hole saw in retrospect but I guess I wasn't 100% sure it would even work. It's been a while since I did the job but I remember using a 1/2" drill bit a bunch and just drilling a bunch of holes through and then following it up with a hole saw. Dunno if they make hole saws for an air tool but an air tool might be the way to go. Or a decent corded drill. Cordless ones just don't have the amount of power and speed required to get through the bushing.

Once you get the core (metal sleeve the middle of the rubber ring) out you can then get at it with a sawzall. Preferably use a 6" blade. I was using some long blade, maybe 10", that my dad had on and it was awful. The blade is too flexible and jumpy when it's that long. As soon as I switched over to a shorter blade I was able to rip right through the outter bearing shell. I did make some scores in the actual subframe itself from going a little bit too far but it was fine in the end.

Since you're going with OEM take-offs, are you aware of what all needs to be removed and what needs to be kept? I remember reading people had issues or something with Energy Suspension bushings where they had to buy the sleeve kit from CZP (https://conceptzperformance.com/czp-subframe-sleeve-kit-for-es-subframe-bushings-nissan-300zx-z32-55400-czp01_p_3145.php)

Not sure what those people did as I also installed Energy Suspension bushings and had no problems. Either way, you should notice a huge improvement over the original subframe bushings. I had at least one that was leaking the silicone fluid inside so for me it was like night and day.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.