TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I believe you are right - comparing the RB startup CAL
People Seeking Info

Subject I believe you are right - comparing the RB startup CAL

Posted by LitlElvis on December 12, 2018 at 11:35 AM
  This message has been viewed 180 times.

In Reply To Re: Yes, using AEM CAS disc posted by MagicMike on December 11, 2018 at 10:47 PM

Message to the VG and the RB has the same numbers for the Inj teeth table. In fact, they use the same Ign teeth table numbers also, but upon reading the RB pinouts, the RB firing order appears to be hardwired internally to the coil drivers to allow this (coil 1 = cyl 1 & 6, coil 2 = cyl 5 & 2, coil 3 = cyl 3 & 4).

I entered my Inj table numbers yesterday while the engine was running with no appreciable change in idle quality or AFR. I then decided to see if they could be altered to effect any change in idle quality at all and found they can be. I didn't get too scientific about it, but when I changed 1,2, and 3 to the same tooth# the engine stumbled and AFR leaned out substantially. I'll need to tinker with this more when the weather gets better but at the very least, I think I understand the programming and ECU's capabilities much better now.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.