TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Been over a decade sinse i had that turd in the car
People Seeking Info

Subject Been over a decade sinse i had that turd in the car

Posted by kickerzx on December 10, 2018 at 1:14 PM
  This message has been viewed 269 times.

In Reply To Stand alone ECU tuners - injector timing questions... posted by LitlElvis on December 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM

Message but i wonder if there was some weird logic behind injector timing(???). Cant really remember anymore. Anyhoo!
Usually injection timing is based on Top Dead Center on the compression stroke, and also most often (although that is really up to the user often) the number is refering to the END of injection. Ie the crankdegree at which the injector is closing.
So not based on ignitiontiming at all.
360 degrees before TDC is usualy a decent place to start out. Which meens Check out Haltechs basemaps for numbers that are more sane.
That said. When you start experimenting with the injectiontiming on the VG you will find that it is actually pretty inresponsive to changes to the angle. Not until you get it really wrong will you see a change. What you normaly do is just mess with it until the engine runs the richest at any given area/cell of the map.
On many engines it is advised to inject at a closed inletvalve to help vaporization of the fuel before it is sucked into the engine. That wont work at all on the VG in my experience. Really does not like that.

Regarding CAS you just set timing offset with a timinglight at nr 1 and leave it at that. Hope you at least have the AEM cas disk in there.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.