TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Dyno day results
People Seeking Info

Subject Dyno day results

Posted by Haasz32 on October 29, 2018 at 7:59 PM
  This message has been viewed 564 times.

Message My stock block/stock turbo car made me proud at Dynosty's dyno day this past weekend. First, nothing broke, so that's good. It made 462 whp and 491 ft-lbs torque. I'm really happy with it. I can tell that my baby stocker turbos end up outside their efficiency zone after mid-rpms since the torque falls off pretty good after 5k rpm. But this set up is a mean street car. I have 400 wtq by 3700 rpm! Peak tq at 4500 rpm.

I'm on e85 and SZ tune switcher (77% ethanol so 75% tune). I have most intake breathers and most of the exhaust breathers. I say most intake breathers because I don't have bigger TBs or planar intake pipes. I say most exhaust breathers because I don't have a high flow exhaust manifold, and my test pipes taper from 3" to 2.5" inch into my Genie catback exhaust.

I've been running on e85 for 4 years now, and have let the turbos build as much boost as they can muster when over 70% ethanol, and everything is still going strong. I have 127k miles on the car. I added the intercooler piping and Ash massives this Spring, and that bumped up my boost levels by about 1 to 1.5 psi, I would say. It spikes to over 22 psi and then bleeds down to 20 psi.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.