TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Nothing bad to say about my ES bushing installation
People Seeking Info

Subject Nothing bad to say about my ES bushing installation

Posted by Polish on October 21, 2018 at 12:38 PM
  This message has been viewed 310 times.

In Reply To Rear Subframe Options? posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on October 20, 2018 at 08:39 AM

Message One difference of the ES subframe bushing vs OEM is the entire face of the bushing sits flush against the frame. OEM has a small lip above the main face of the bushing that actually contacts the frame. I don't know how that tiny lip affects things, but I like the idea of the full face of the ES bushing making contact with the frame better.

In my case, I had actually purchased a TT subframe from craigslist where someone had already removed the crucial bushing sleeves. Hard work done for me, sort of. I installed my whole subframe before realizing what was actually going on, and how it was not going to work without those in-tact sleeves installed. Luckily, I found an interesting solution that Coz made: La-Z-Link. These were basically sleeve replacements, and properly secured the subframe to the car. So if you wanted to, you could use these and just hack out the OEM sleeves easily as you don't intend to re-use them.

Personally, I will try to re-use the stock sleeves when I do this job on my new car's subframe someday, and go with the ES bushings again. The chassis only has ~96K miles though so hopefully the stock bushings have a lot of life left in them.

I'm surprised to hear about fitment issues with the whiteline bushings. Those looked real interesting to me and seem to have the same lip as OEM that contacts the frame. What sort of fitment issues have you heard about?

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.