TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I took it out today w/ the tuner for a couple 5 mile runs.
People Seeking Info

Subject I took it out today w/ the tuner for a couple 5 mile runs.

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on October 06, 2018 at 7:35 PM
  This message has been viewed 448 times.

In Reply To Shifter Plate Fabrication and Engine Bay v.2 posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on October 06, 2018 at 06:07 PM

Message Almost everything in the driveline is new except for the engine and trans. So at first the new clutch and pressure plate was grabby, the shifter felt too notchy; and the brakes hadn't been bedded. So it felt kind of unsophisticated; but after about ten miles; everything began to break in, become smoother, and feel more like a dialed in car. We're calibrating the speedometer tomorrow, and then I'll bring it home to reattach the front-end sheetmetal and interior pieces.

But in spite of the newness, everyone commented we could feel of the basic components at work underneath the raw tune. Its going to be a fun ride. We're using HP tuners, and after a few parameters were dialed in; the engine began to really sound great! The Kooks Longtubes and a cat-less 3" to 2.5" mid pipe feeding into the Magnaflows give it a nice V8 rumble at idle with just the hint of cam lope. All of that smooths out into a decidedly mellow tone going up through the gears. Definitely an American V8 sound from the outside.

In the cabin, I didn't hear any real drone; but its difficult define what it'll sound like inside until we replace the interior. I'll post up a video with sound when the car is back together again.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.