TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Big thanks to George @Custom Concept Motorsports and DVDBURN
People Seeking Info

Subject Big thanks to George @Custom Concept Motorsports and DVDBURN

Posted by Agent X on September 19, 2018 at 7:36 PM
  This message has been viewed 531 times.

Message Long story short- major life changes resulted in the Z sitting for 2 years, needing a timing belt service and new injectors. Wife finally agreed that I just didn't have time to try it myself and I should take it somewhere.
I had recently taken her 2006 Pathfinder to George to get the timing chain/tensioner problem fixed. He did a great job, and we've taken it on road trips and no issues or leaks.
So I called George and got a friend to help trailer the Z to his shop. He took care of the timing belt service, upgraded the injectors and tuned it on the dyno. I picked it up and it was running great.
Then the speedometer started acting up and died. If you ever experienced this, it can be scary when it starts affecting the car as the needle jumps around.
I reached out to Gary about the speedometer. He was happy to take a look at it. I packed it up and sent it his way. He kept me updated and explained what he did and why.
Got the gauge cluster back in and it's working perfect again.

So, big thanks to these two for helping get my Z back on the road after a little over 2 years of sitting in the garage.

I know some or most of you are familiar with these two guys, but I wanted to document my experience for anyone else searching. George at Custom Concept Motorsports is about an hour away, but it was well worth the trip to have him do the work.

--------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------
Conversation between my sister and my wife (shortly before we
got married):
Wife: "You know, sometimes I think he loves that Z more than he
does me."
Sister: "He probably does, and as long as you're okay with that,
everything will be fine."

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.