TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The car will be almost 130 lb lighter, mostly over the front
People Seeking Info

Subject The car will be almost 130 lb lighter, mostly over the front

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on September 11, 2018 at 4:47 PM
  This message has been viewed 297 times.

In Reply To What spring/shock combo did you go with this time around? posted by cherry on September 10, 2018 at 02:15 PM

Message wheels; so I wasn't sure how to proceed. In my last TT I used NA springs on TT shocks and liked that a lot. But this time, with the weight reduction, the front NA springs were just too tall. So I bought a set of Tein High Techs; and they took me down an inch so so in the front. The rear sits OK for now. I also added adjustable T-rods with urethane bushings because I couldn't find any adjustable with OEM rubber. Also the FUCA are now Whiteline urethane, or whatever they call it. Finally, the camber was corrected with one 300 Degree .375" shim, and a second homemade .125" spacer. Together they push the top arm out resulting in a 1-2* negative correction. We'll revisit this after everything compresses and settles in.

The OEM shocks were completely shot at 200K; so I threw on a set of KB shocks on all four corners to give me a dampened reference point. For now, my initial setup is NA springs on back with a TT sway bar (Thx Bernie); up front I'll begin with the Tein H, the stock sway bar, and the KB shocks. And we'll go from there.

I drove it a little before the swap began, and it seemed relatively compliant, but it clearly rolled too much in the corners. I'm hoping the rear TT bar will correct some of that, and may add more roll stiffness with a front TT bar.

I could clearly feel and hear the urethane bushings compared to rubber, but there's really not much available except OEM new, and they can get pricey.

If I add the TT front bar, and want more stability, then I'll move to the rear and add Tein H spring. Either way, once I get ride quality balanced out, I pretty certain I'll be looking to go to an adjustable shock set up. Long story short: work in progress.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.