TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Halfway to having a running Z!
People Seeking Info

Subject Halfway to having a running Z!

Posted by Waco300zx(DFW) on September 06, 2018 at 10:27 PM
  This message has been viewed 905 times.

Message Some of the old timers around here may remember me.

Some of the newbies probably won't.

I've been around since 2002ish. Owned 4 Z's from 2002 through 2008. My Charcoal Z is what I owned for the longest, and probably what most old-timers will remember. 2008 was a the last time I've been in a Z, when I sold the Black TT below.

Charcoal TT

Have occasionally had an itch to buy another--and recently found a deal just too good to pass up, albeit with a little work to do as well.

Bought a 1993 Super White TT off eBay from Arizona. The seller only knew about a couple upgrades(coilovers, exhaust), but what he didn't realize(and I DID based on the pictures) was that the car was COMPLETELY upgraded. Clutch/flywheel, Driveshaft, Intake, Kaminari, Jspec Tails, Etc, Etc, Etc.---FULL PROFILE/MOD LIST HERE

THE NEGATIVE: The engine was hydrolocked... So--found a local guy here in DFW who'd swapped in a TT into his 2+2, but grew tired of the project. So--I swooped in and bought it for the donor engine(58K miles).

Here's me towing it home.

And my Z before starting the engine removal process.

After removing the plenum.

For those that have been waiting to get their Z running, THIS is a great feeling, and one step closer.

Now have to pull the engine out of the donor car, change seals, do 60K, deletes, convert AC to 134a, etc etc. AND--still have to decide on Turbos... Sp530's? Z1 550bb? Hmm... Anybody have a used/like new set?

Can't wait to get her running/boosting!

Need Advocare?
I'm a Distributor!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.