TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 28 ½ years of 300ZX ownership.
People Seeking Info

Subject 28 ½ years of 300ZX ownership.

Posted by TT-Z (Cape Coral, FL) on August 02, 2018 at 12:08 PM
  This message has been viewed 534 times.

Message I purchased my new Twin Turbo on January 20, 1990. After owning a car for years your mind starts to play tricks on you. The most recent incident involved the Dupree Stainless Steel Hi-Flow Cats. A week ago I started the car up and heard rattling coming from the cats. Upon examination, I found the insides were deteriorated. Damn, I thought to myself, I just had them installed a few years ago and they have gone bad? I pull out my 300ZX 4” maintenance binder and discover the cats were installed over 13 years ago! I gutted the cats and all is good now. I am also on my 3rd alarm system (Remote keyless entry) 4th sound system, the latest being a multi-media system with Navigation screen, etc. The original injectors, AC compressor and alternator were replaced ten years ago at 145K miles. Drove the car from Florida to Bernie’s in Northern Virginia last year and left it there for a 120K service and overhaul. The car is running great and the trip to Bernie’s was well worth it. Meanwhile, having moved from Northern Virginia to Florida ten years ago I do not miss state emissions, safety inspection, raking leaves or shoveling snow. I do miss the Z meets!

:SRC="http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/ajpeters2/Lamborghin
i%20shots/LamboandZ.jpg">

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.