TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I stayed with OEM rubber. Sway bars and tire pressures.
People Seeking Info

Subject I stayed with OEM rubber. Sway bars and tire pressures.

Posted by Gordo NA2LS Daytona on July 26, 2018 at 1:55 PM
  This message has been viewed 256 times.

In Reply To So, recently I've been driving a Z posted by Barry (NJ) on July 24, 2018 at 03:46 PM

Message When I first got my old car I systematically added T-rods, urethane bushings, rear subframe spacers, etc. Every time I swapped out a rubber piece for urethane or solid; the noise and shock in the steering wheel and cabin was very noticeable. This was even before I installed the Eibachs. For myself, the impact harshness was not an acceptable trade off for lowered appearance or tighter handling.

I finally made the decision to return to an OEM setup using NA springs, TT shocks, and upgraded sway bars. Admittedly not razor sharp; but spring rates were much more forgiving over the pot holes; and the shorter NA length gave me the drop I was looking for. Finally, the ST bars helped keep it flat in the corners while maintaining contact patch compliance with the road surface. I could regain some of the turn in sharpness by increase tire pressures, and because I was softly sprung, it wasn't a harsh ride.

I suggest you get your compliance and spring rates down to where you like them before you begin to add sharpness with bushings and rod ends. NE potholes are part of the formula you can't ignore.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.