TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - oh and there is not a "flagship" for this market and another
People Seeking Info

Subject oh and there is not a "flagship" for this market and another

Posted by LJZTT on July 19, 2018 at 4:40 PM
  This message has been viewed 176 times.

In Reply To Z33 was Nissan's "top of the line" USDM sports car in '03. posted by Waco300zx(DFW) on July 19, 2018 at 11:12 AM

Message for a different market.

Flagship models are like Highlanders.....there can only be one!

They historically are built for US market because until recently the US market was the largest and where money was made, now China clouds that picture, but regardless you dont build a "flagship" car and then keep it to yourself where the bulk of the industry is not exposed to it...that defeats the entire point.

Therefore the only real debate here is whether the R32/33 was Nissan's "flagship" model or was it the Z32TT? It isn't even clear if Nissan themselves made a distinction. The only thing that is clear is that the Z32TT was EXPLICITLY designed and built to be the quote WORLD BEATER unquote. I would say the argument is quite clear that the Z32TT was Nissan's flagship because all things being equal, it was meant to show the world that Nissan could beat the pants off anybody it wanted to and push the agenda in the performance car segment.

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.