TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Few things:
People Seeking Info

Subject Few things:

Posted by Zluster on June 18, 2018 at 8:29 AM
  This message has been viewed 414 times.

In Reply To Curious why you did not use r134a. Z32s since 1994 posted by JMartz on June 18, 2018 at 06:29 AM

Message Redtek supposedly has the same thermodynamic properties as r12, this means overall its refrigerant properties are better. In theory it ought to make a better refrigerant at lower pressure than the r134a systems.

I was also charging the system for the first time, in my experience there is a high likely hood when trying to revive a system that has been down for so long there is a good chance I can vent my refrigerant or have to take apart the system. Redtek decays in the atmosphere in about a year, r134a in about 10 years, and R12 in about 100 years. From an environmental standpoint its a little better that way.

While r134a is common in stores still I did a bulk order of redtek and have quite a bit of it on hand. The cost of the redtek per can online was cheaper than I can get r134a for in a store locally.

It would be very interesting to be able to compare temps between two system on the same day. Or the same system on a day with the same temps.

Overall I am trying to evaluate the efficacy of redtek over r134a, I suspect it will mostly be anecdotal, but I have seen others report good results with redtek in r134a systems.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.