TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - This is super simple, people are way overthinking it
People Seeking Info

Subject This is super simple, people are way overthinking it

Posted by LJZTT on May 30, 2018 at 3:16 PM
  This message has been viewed 330 times.

In Reply To ‘99 Spec Xenon Headlight Owners posted by MITTZX on May 30, 2018 at 09:58 AM

Message If "oncoming traffic glare" is your concern...aim the lights slightly down and THAT problem is solved, no need to open the things or cut/grind on anything.

Now you need to determine if the beam output on the PASSENGER side of the road/shoulder is too short/low for you. I suspect if you do not drive in pitch blackness in the rain, this will not be an issue for anyone with any reasonable vision.

If you pay close attention to what you are actually doing in the write-up, you are simply removing material from one side of the "glare shield"....or whatever it is called...and IN EFFECT reversing the pattern, but you will still have to aim the lights further down upon install because you cannot add material to the side of the glare shield that affects the oncoming traffic side of the beam output/pattern.

The only difference after cutting/grinding is there is less light being blocked by the "glare shield" on the PASSENGER side of the beam output/pattern than prior to modification, you are doing nothing to the driver's side of the beam output/pattern, therefore the beam is cast further down the road on the passenger side but remains just as it was out-of-the-box on the driver side.

Makes sense?

"I torch my soul to show the world that I am pure deep inside my heart...."
--William Patrick Corgan

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.